Please check back again for new opportunities - updated monthly!
Company: Ko`olauloa Health Center
Location: 56-119 Pualalea St., Kahuku, HI 96731
Phone: (808) 293-2537
Contact: Shaheen Hadjimaleki, Dental Office Manager
Send Resume To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dental Assistant - Full Time
General Objectives: Responsible for assisting the dentist in the clinical treatment of patients
- Check to ensure that units are ready, stocked and clean at the beginning of each appointment
- Oversee cleanliness of operatory
- Help in other areas of the office when necessary (phones, unpacking supplies, front desk tasks)
- Take alginate impressions on patients
- Pour up models
- Prepare cases for lab pickup/delivery
- Keep area clean
- Greet patients when they sign in and monitor arrival time
- Seat patients, take vitals, dental hx and have proper setup for procedures
- At all times show care and concern for patients
- Try not to leave the patient unattended in the chair
- Anticipate and assist dentist’s needs at all times
- Chart all patients and record date, service rendered, and any charges
- Escort patients from the treatment room
- Complete patient’s chart indicating procedure done today and what procedure is to be completed at the next visit
- Perform clinical procedures as delegated by the dentist
- Give patient instruction and demonstrate where necessary, as directed by the dentist
- Monitor patient flow
- Update patient’s health history and patient information each visit
- Notify receptionist if a patient should be called in the evening after a difficult appointment
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the dentist
Personal Protective Items
- Utilize antiseptic hand cleaner and clean paper towels
- Ensure the availability and use of protective wear for employees: eye protection, face masks, gloves, gowns and other protective clothing
- Notify dental director of inventory shortage (gowns, gloves, masks)
- Use heavy utility gloves when rinsing, wrapping, and loading cassettes/instruments for sterilization
Instruments and Equipment
- Discard all disposable items for each visit
- Assemble soiled instruments and place in sterilization area
- Clean treatment room surfaces with disinfectant solution
- Pre-soak soiled instruments in a disinfectant/ultrasonic cleaner
- Maintain hazardous chemical list (MSDS binder)
- Place cassettes into washer and wrap/bag cassettes for sterilization
- Sort and package instruments by tray for sterilization
- Load, activate and vent the sterilization unit according to the manufacturer’s directions
- Store instruments and trays in appropriate places
- Mix required cleaning solutions daily and keep them fresh
- Clean ultrasonic units and autoclaves
- Use a spore test once a month for sterilizer
- Keep sterilization area clean and neat at all times
- Maintain a supply inventory for infection control
- Submit supply orders to dental director once a month or as necessary
- Discard needles in puncture-resistant, leak-proof, labeled containers
- Decontaminate regulated waste and place in leak-proof, puncture-resistant containers (amalgam/mercury waste)
- Apply warning labels to regulated waste
- Keep current sterilization logs and file spore test results
- Be an active participant in staff meetings
- Promote team concept by interacting with others in the office
- High school diploma
- Graduation from an ADA-accredited dental assisting program or dental assisting experience preferred
- Coursework in dental instruments and procedures
- Compliance with state dental practice requirements (e.g., x-ray certification, OSHA training)
- Legible handwriting for notations in patient chart; computer skills desired (open dental software, dentrix, radiograph software)
- Good interpersonal skills to maintain effective rapport with patients, dentists, other staff members and community
- Effective verbal skills to communicate with patients and staff
Company: Sweet Tooth Dental Inc.
Location: Kailua-Kona, HI
Dental Assistant (Kailua-Kona, HI)
Employment type: Full-Time
We are currently looking for a Chairside Dental Assistant at our office located in Kailua-Kona, HI in Kopiko Plaza. This is a full-time position M, T, W, Th, F. Our ideal candidate will have prior dental chairside assistant experience using Softdent, however, regardless of experience, a 3-month on-the-job training program is included; dental treatment procedures, sterilization and organization of supplies as well as maintain professional etiquette; possess excellent communication skills; and ability to multi-task. Basic clinical knowledge of dentistry We offer a competitive salary, plus benefits and 401k.
Chairside dental assistants work with other dental assistants and team members in the dental practice. Assistants work side by side with the dentist to provide chairside care for each patient. You will assist patients in accordance with the training they have received ensuring patients receive the best possible service through care and compassion.
- Assist dentist(s) during dental treatment procedures.
- Assist dentist(s) with typical procedures such as taking and developing X-rays, charting, intra oral photos, and assisting with any other clinical procedures up to their legal ability.
- Assisting with setup, breakdown, maintenance, clean-up, proper sterilization or other preparation of rooms and equipment & instruments daily.
- Assists clinical team in the dental needs of back office.
- Maintain office records and supplies for clinical area.
- Maintain and order clinical supplies & be the liaison between doctor and supply company.
- Develop clinical staff schedules.
- Help maintain open communication.
- Report any issues with clinical or front office staff related to SOP to the doctor or practice administrator so they may be addressed promptly.
- Keep the dentist(s) and clinical team members informed of appointment changes, overruns and patients in the waiting room.
Required Skills & Desired Skills:
- Prior dental office experience preferred using Softdent.
- Excellent and professional and courteous patient care and chairside etiquette.
- Basic knowledge of dental procedures.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- BLS Certified
Please send resume and desired pay to Dr. Garrett B. Oka
email for resume: email@example.com
Company: Cynthia S. Merrick, D.D.S.
Location: 98-211 Pali Momi St. Ste 500, Aiea, HI 96701
Chairside Dental Assistant
Schedule: Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Email resume firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to the office at :
Cynthia S. Merrick, D.D.S.
98-211 Pali Momi St. Ste 500
Aiea, HI 96701